
After yesterday's presidential fastvities I am very HOPEFUL about our nation's future. Being the president isn't an easy job for anyone... but I am hopeful that Obama will live by the words that Rick Warren prayed over him...
One of the statements that stood out most to me was when he asked God to forgive "when we fail to treat our fellow human beings and all the Earth with the respect that they deserve." He also prayed for "civility in our attitudes, even when we differ."
I think that this is a great statement to start 2009 by... We are not called to judge or point fingers... but instead to be the SALT and LIGHT to this world. Obama becoming president isnt sitting well with many people... there are many who think this, that and the other about him... and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't one of those people...
Part of me is nervous and anxious about whats ahead for our Nation... but the other part of me is down on my knees praying for Obama and our Nation with HOPE that good things are ahead.
Today I am HOPEFUL!!








No comments:
Post a Comment