Honestly... why cant the trees in Texas look like this?











We even got to see the Body Worlds exhibit while we were there! It was awesome!

JC and I were both so excited to try the famous Philly Cheesesteaks from both Geno's and Pats!! Both Geno's and Pat's were featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives as Philly's best Cheesesteaks... so we had to give them BOTH a try to decide for ourselves...
We walked about 20+ blocks to get to these cheesesteak stands and when we got there the lines for both places were wrapped around the building with at least 100 people standing in line. I almost died!!! I was a little upset with JC for making me walk that long (the city is full of cabs) and then expecting me to stand in not only one of those lines but BOTH cause we had to try both of course!! But the lines went surprisingly fast and it ended up being worth the wait!!



And the winner is... GENO's!!!!!! OMG - soooo good!!!

After eating two cheesesteaks and a big thing of fries my attitude about those 20+ block back to the main street changed... I was glad to walk some of that greese off!
We went to see the Liberty Bell which was alot smaller than I was expecting...and did you know that you cant ring it? Apparently that was supposed to be obvious due to the huge crack in it... but the whole day I was thinking I would get to ring the bell! Oh well!



My little tour guide figuring out where to go next...

We were sad to leave the beautiful weather and amazing colors of the fall in Philly but we were ready to get back to Texas and chips and salsa!! :)
I love traveling with this guy!!!








5 comments:
How awesome! It looks like you two had a great time! Dont worry...I also didnt know you couldnt ring it! HaHa
I love your pictures! And the trees look like that in Nashville if you guys ever decide you want to move out of Texas :)
It looks beautiful and now my mouth is watering for a philly cheese steak! Ummm. Looks like a fun trip!
the pictures are great! looks like so much fun~
i don't think i am on the ball enough to have you take our pics while you are in town this weekend, so i will either call your mom or wait and be more prepared next year :)
hope to see you at church sunday!
again, i say, beautiful pictures...makes me want to make a visit :)
Post a Comment