My friend Mary sent me a link to me for a non-profit called Soles for Souls where you can pay $5 for two pairs of shoes for children who are in need. I love love love this idea. Its very similar to a fundraiser that I helped put together when I went to El Salvador with the ACU Spring Break Campaigns. The first time I went to El Salvador was one of the best experiences of my life. It changed me more than I expected. One of the things that stuck with me most was their need for shoes. There was a little boy who I spent a lot of time playing with who had on a pair of shoes that was at least 2 sizes too small for him... his feet were dirty, bloody and hurting... but he didnt care because at least he had on a pair of shoes and was outside playing with all of us. This little boy was the inspiration of my dream to take as many new shoes to El Salvador as I could the next time I went. Along with help from my home church, some of my moms co-workers and other students at ACU we were able to take almost 500 pairs of flip flops to El Salvador with us when we went. It was so neat to see the look on the kids face when they recieved a new pair of flip flops... these are memeories that I will never forget!
Here are a few of my favorite pics that we captured when we delivered the flip flops to El Salvador... Oh, how I miss that place!





If you would like to be a part of this wonderful cause go to the website below.
http://www.50000shoes.com/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment